Fundraisers Support Community Projects
The Bar Harbor Garden Club is truly grateful to our MDI community for their support of the club’s summer fundraisers.
2017 Memorial Day Celebration
The placing of the Wreath Ceremony was held on Memorial Day at the Blue Star Memorial Marker, located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor.
2017 Arbor Day Project at MDI High School
The MDI High School needed to update their landscape located in the front of the building. So, the Club volunteered to remove winter debris, prepare the soil and plant bushes purchased by the school.
Want to Join our Club? Simply complete this membership form online. Then print it, and mail it to the Bar Harbor Garden Club.
2017 Community Events
- Saturday, Nov. 11, Veterans' Day Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Nov. 14, GCFM Fall Conference at the Augusta Civic Center.
- Nov. Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn, Ellsworth.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Historical Society Heirloom Garden
- Land and Gardaen Preserve
- Local Nursing Homes
- Pemetic Elementary School
- Student Conservation Assoc.
- Student Scholarships
- Tremont Consolidated School
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
- "Youth Activities"
Book Donations to Local Elementary SchoolsDr. Marc E. Gousse, Superintendent of the Mount Desert Regional School System, accepts copies of “THE FRIGHTENED FROG, An Environmental Tale” from Pamela Bowie, BHGC Youth Activities Chairperson. Learn more . . .