Want to Join our Club? Simply complete this membership form online. Then print it, and mail it to the Bar Harbor Garden Club.
2017 Community Events
- Memorial Day, Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Spring Tree Planting, (TBA)
- Saturday, June 10, Wild Gardens of Acadia Plant Sale from 9 am to noon at St. Savior's Episcopal Church Cloisters, Bar Harbor. This Plant Sale benefits the ‘Wild Gardens of Acadia’.
- June 19- 20, GCFM Annual Convention at the Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport, Maine. Hosted by the Stroudwater District.
- Tuesday, July 4, BHGC Pie Sale at the Athletic Field, Bar Harbor.
- Saturday, July 22, BHGC Garden Tour.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, Veterans' Day Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Nov. 14, GCFM Fall Conference at the Augusta Civic Center.
- Nov. Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn, Ellsworth.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Historical Society Heirloom Garden
- Land and Gardaen Preserve
- Local Nursing Homes
- Pemetic Elementary School
- Student Conservation Assoc.
- Student Scholarships
- Tremont Consolidated School
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
- Youth Activities
Book Donations to Local Elementary Schools
Dr. Marc E. Gousse, Superintendent of the Mount Desert Regional School System, accepts copies of “THE FRIGHTENED FROG, An Environmental Tale” from Pamela Bowie, BHGC Youth Activities Chairperson. Learn more . . .
Author Archives: admin
Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM at Birch Bay Village Inn, Bar Harbor. “Shade Gardening” presented by Cassie Banning (Garden Manager, Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Garden). Bar Harbor Garden Club Meeting Speaker Notes Cassie Banning is the manager of Abby … Continue reading
The Bar Harbor Garden Club has donated copies of the book “The Frightened Frog, an Environmental Tale” to Pemetic, Connors-Emerson, Tremont, Mount Desert, Trenton, Swans Island, Frenchboro and both Cranberry Island schools. The book, written by Brenda Moore and Jean … Continue reading
The Bar Harbor Garden Club will hold its monthly meeting at Birch Bay Village Inn on Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1 p.m. Please join us for our “Weedy Wisdom” program presented by Terry-Anya Hayes —Writer, Educator, Herbalist, Forager and … Continue reading
The VFW and Bar Harbor Garden Club thanked Club member Tom McIntyre and Ozzie Watterson, husband of Club member Alana Watterson, at their Veteran’s Day wreath-laying ceremony on November 11th. The men were responsible for resetting the pole for the … Continue reading