Want to Join our Club? Simply complete this membership form online. Then print it, and mail it to the Bar Harbor Garden Club.
2017 Community Events
- Saturday, Nov. 11, Veterans' Day Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Nov. 14, GCFM Fall Conference at the Augusta Civic Center.
- Nov. Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn, Ellsworth.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Historical Society Heirloom Garden
- Land and Gardaen Preserve
- Local Nursing Homes
- Pemetic Elementary School
- Student Conservation Assoc.
- Student Scholarships
- Tremont Consolidated School
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
- "Youth Activities"
Book Donations to Local Elementary SchoolsDr. Marc E. Gousse, Superintendent of the Mount Desert Regional School System, accepts copies of “THE FRIGHTENED FROG, An Environmental Tale” from Pamela Bowie, BHGC Youth Activities Chairperson. Learn more . . .
Category Archives: News
The MDI High School needed to update their landscape located in the front of the building. So, the Club volunteered to remove winter debris, prepare the soil and plant bushes purchased by the school. “The project has been a team … Continue reading
The Bar Harbor Garden Club is truly grateful to our MDI community for their support of the club’s Fourth of July Pie Sale held at the Bar Harbor Athletic Field. People told us that they look forward to eating our … Continue reading
Bar Harbor Garden Club Community Activities The Bar Harbor Garden Club honors our Veterans by placing a wreath on the Blue Star Memorial Marker each Memorial Day and Veterans’ Day. The ‘Blue Star Memorial Program’ began in 1944 with the … Continue reading