“The project has been a team effort right from the start,” Pam recently reported. “The garden bed looks great! As we were leaving, one of the secretaries swept the pavement. Members of one class, Dr. Marc Gousse and the administrative assistants are all helping to keep the plants well watered.”
Want to Join our Club? Simply complete this membership form online. Then print it, and mail it to the Bar Harbor Garden Club.
2017 Community Events
- Memorial Day, Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Spring Tree Planting, (TBA)
- Saturday, June 10, Wild Gardens of Acadia Plant Sale from 9 am to noon at St. Savior's Episcopal Church Cloisters, Bar Harbor. This Plant Sale benefits the ‘Wild Gardens of Acadia’.
- June 19- 20, GCFM Annual Convention at the Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport, Maine. Hosted by the Stroudwater District.
- Tuesday, July 4, BHGC Pie Sale at the Athletic Field, Bar Harbor.
- Saturday, July 22, BHGC Garden Tour.
- Saturday, Nov. 11, Veterans' Day Placing of the Wreath Ceremony at Blue Star Memorial Marker located along Rt-3 in Bar Harbor 1/3 mile from the head of MDI.
- Nov. 14, GCFM Fall Conference at the Augusta Civic Center.
- Nov. Christmas Decorating at Woodlawn, Ellsworth.
Club Supported Projects
- Beatrix Farrand Garden
- Blue Star Memorial Marker
- Butterfly Garden at Charlotte Rhodes Park
- Historical Society Heirloom Garden
- Land and Gardaen Preserve
- Local Nursing Homes
- Pemetic Elementary School
- Student Conservation Assoc.
- Student Scholarships
- Tremont Consolidated School
- Wild Gardens of Acadia
- Youth Activities
Book Donations to Local Elementary Schools
Dr. Marc E. Gousse, Superintendent of the Mount Desert Regional School System, accepts copies of “THE FRIGHTENED FROG, An Environmental Tale” from Pamela Bowie, BHGC Youth Activities Chairperson. Learn more . . .